Here's a photo from our anniversary date night. We went to a yummy Italian food place and then enjoyed a quite evening at home... it was a school night. Things have super busy since then. We have taken a series of three birthing classes. Our last class is tonight. Our instructor is really sweet, a great educator. She reminds me of my aunt Alice, just can't stop doing what she loves. We've toured the hospital, practiced relaxing and Robert knows where to go if labor begins in the middle of the night.
I've also discovered that I have gestational diabetes. It was news that pretty much rocked me. I've been thoroughly educated thanks to the Diabetes of America Center and I'm on a meal plan that includes 6 small meals a day and really specific measuring and calculation of carbs, proteins, fats and veggies. I'm taking my blood sugar levels four times a day, and so far the doctors have been pleased with my numbers.
The way they explained it to me was that everyday I am pregnant my body produces hormones to keep me pregnant and Isabella growing. Those hormones are fighting with the hormone insulin that our bodies naturally produce. So, the farther I progress in my pregnancy, the more difficult it is for my body to regulate things. I'm super fortunate to have two supportive doctors, a great nutritionist, loving husband and a family full of cheerleaders. There are many risks, but with watchful monitoring - all should be well come delivery day.
We will as always be thankful for your prayers and friendship.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Birthing Classes
Posted by Omi Ford at 2:38 PM
Labels: childbirth, gestational diabetes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Omi, You take things in such stride! It always impresses me. Continue to take care of yourself and miss Isabella and I have no doubt you will both be healthy :) Love you!What is it now, 45 days?
Post a Comment